Time is extremely crucial when it comes to taking trading decisions. You need to look at multiple data points and make a well-thought-out decision in a short period of time.
To help you do the same, we have added the Analyse widget on the Positions page. This Analyse widget is a mini version of the Strategy Builder that gives you its core functionalities right from the comfort of the Positions page.
To access it, you must go to the Positions page and click on the Analyse button under the Actions section.
With the help of this widget, you can:
- Look at various data points such as Max Profit, Max loss, and Breakeven points. We have also added two new metrics in the Analyse widget: Ptnl Upside and Ptnl Downside.
- “Ptnl Upside” or Potential Upside shows you how much more profit can be made after discounting your existing P&L.
For example, in the image below, you can see that the current P&L for this position stands at a loss of (-₹14,816), and the Max Profit stands at ₹25,000. The Ptnl Upside here is ₹39,816 and is calculated as ₹25,000 -(-₹14,816) = ₹39,816. This means that this position has the capacity to make ₹39,816 in profits before expiry.
- “Ptnl Downside” or Potential Downside shows you how much more loss can be incurred after discounting your existing P&L.
For example, in the image below, you can see that the current P&L for this position stands at (-₹9,090), and the Max Loss stands at (-₹11,760). The Ptnl Downside here is (-₹2670) and is calculated as (-₹11,760)-(-₹9,090) = (-₹2670). This means that this position has the possibility to incur a loss of (-₹2670) before expiry.
As you can see below, when the Max Loss is Unlimited, the Ptnl Downside is also Unlimited. The same goes for Ptnl Upside as well.
- You can see the SUMMARY of the trade, which show values like Risk/Reward, POP, Time Value, and Intrinsic Value.
- You can also see the various Greeks like Delta, Theta, Decay, Gamma, and Vega.
- You get to see the Implied Volatility of all the strikes used in the trade.
- Apart from all this, you can also see the Pay-Off graph as shown in the Strategy Builder, along with the P&L Table, Greeks, & Strategy Chart.
- You can also see the Pay-Off Graph at various levels of Nifty and Days to expiry. You can do that with the help of the Target & Target Date sliders.
If you wish to go to the full version of the Strategy Builder to analyse your trade, you can also do that!
So what are you waiting for? Try it now!