You can finally modify and cancel your open market/limit orders placed through Sensibull!
This feature is available only for Zerodha users, but don’t worry. We will soon introduce it across all brokers.
You can access this feature from your regular Orders page. To access your Orders page, you click on your Profile Icon on the top right and select “My Orders.”
After landing on your Orders Page, you will see that the orders have been classified under 3 categories which are:-
- Open Orders: Here, you will see all your Open orders placed through Sensibull or through your broker.
- Executed Orders: Here, you will see all the orders that have been executed.
- Stoploss Orders: Here, you will see all your Stoploss orders.
- All Orders: Here, you will find all your Open, Executed, and Stoploss orders in one window.
To modify or cancel an order, you need to hover over the order and click on the Three dots button you see at the right-most corner, as shown in the image below:
If you wish to Modify an order, then follow the steps below:
- You must select the Modify button to open the modify order window in a new tab. Please note you can only modify your Limit orders and cannot modify your SL and SL-M orders for the time being.
- You can modify your order and hit on the “Modify” button.
If you wish to Cancel an order, then follow the steps below:
- You must select the Cancel button to open the cancel order window in a new tab. Please note you can only cancel your Limit orders and cannot cancel your SL and SL-M orders for the time being.
- You need to confirm if you want to cancel the order, and the order gets cancelled.
You can also cancel your order using the Modify button. When you click on the Modify button, you get two options, one to modify your order and one to cancel. If you hit the Cancel button, the order gets cancelled.
When you hit the Info button, you can see all the information, such as Quantity, Price, Average Price, Trigger Price, Order Type etc.
You cannot Modify or Cancel orders if they are not placed through Sensibull yet. Orders that have not been placed through Sensibull will be tagged as “External”, and you can make changes to it only through your broker terminal.
Try this feature now, and let us know what you think of it!